Thursday, September 24, 2009

So very sore...

If you read my last post, you know that I did the hardest workout I've done since I started my goal of losing 76lbs. Well, the aftermath is, my muscles are starting a revolution. I feel sore in places I didn't even know existed and I don't think there is even a scientific word for. I am in A LOT of pain, so I felt it would be better to take a break tonight and let my muscles rest. Besides, I can't move. Don't get me wrong, I can shuffle and make it across the living room. I can stand up from sitting if I use one of my children as a balancing pole of sorts. I guess this is where I say that what I'm doing is working.

I knew I most likely wasn't going to be able to workout. So I paid close attention to what I ate. I should add here that when I woke up this morning, my hunger pangs were so strong, I thought my appendix had burst or at the very least I was having labor contractions. My body was craving fuel. The rest of the day, I couldn't calm the hunger. I was eating non-stop. I had my double fiber muffin, a jello pudding and jello gelatin snack, strawberry Fiber One yogurt, turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread and Sun Chips. All of this about every 30 minutes and all before 11:00a. I was still hungry. I drank more water than my bladder could stand and of course, I work on the second floor with a bathroom on the first! Yeah, I complained all day. Just ask my co-workers!

When I came home, the plan was to fix spaghetti or hamburger helper and then at least take a brisk walk. I can be so funny sometimes. I didn't feel like cooking and neither did he. So we had...(shudder)...corn dogs. I only had 2!!! Don't yell at me!! That was at 5:00p and I haven't eaten since. Those hunger pangs are attacking my spine again but I don't want to eat. I'm scared to. I make small mistakes like the corn dogs and then over compensate by not eating at all. I want so badly to feel like I did 10 years ago, that I pull stupid stunts like that. But this is all a learning process for me. I'm not dieting. I'm changing my life. I'm taking it back. I've treated myself like crap and put everyone else first. But if I want to live long enough to enjoy those people I work so hard to please, I have to step it up. It's just sad that I have to remind myself every second of the day, that I'm worth it. Maybe someday, I'll be able to prove it.

I'm losin' it!!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you are worth it!!!

    Eat a healthy breakfast,lunch and dinner.
    Small snack.
    Don't starve yourself.

    Walk for 30 minutes.

    By the way, you look great 116-year-old lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Maddy is right. DON'T starve yourself. It's actually counter-productive. It confuses your body into actually storing fuel.

    Keep some fresh veggies and/or fruit around for snacks. Don't eat SunChips! :) And all that water is good for you!

    This is the hardest part!!
    Have you thought about joining a support group or Weight Watchers? My mom did really good on Weight Watchers, and I think it helped a lot that she did it with a good friend. I wish I was closer! I'd go walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Maddy...you're so funny!
    Jen...Why can't I eat SunChips though? I thought they were ok? =?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think anything in a convenient bag — anything that can be bought out of a machine — is bad when dieting. It's processed and full of bad food juju and random stuff. Fine for splurges, and it sure tastes good, but not good for real sustenance.

    ReplyDelete