Monday, September 28, 2009

I know how you feel!

I'm so happy to report that I've gotten a lot of good feedback on my blog. It makes me feel good knowing that I am allowing people to see that they are not alone in the battle against the bulge. While at Ryan's first football practice tonight, I talked with a couple ladies there that shared the same struggle. We all feel tired and lazy at times. We all try to do our best at eating but at times we mess up. But what we all felt but didn't say, was how sad we were that if we had the support we needed and craved, we may not fall off that boat over and over again.

So I got to thinking. Maybe this blog isn't enough. Maybe I should start my own weight-loss support group in Patterson. (I'm assuming we don't have one) And meet on a certain day/night/time and talk about our struggles. How much have we lost/gained. What/how much we ate. Or even the family issues we have to deal with from day to day that throws us off our motivation train. I truly feel that if women like me and many I talk to, had that foundation to grow from, we would be a lot more successful.

My best friend loaned me a couple of great books; The Daily Fix and Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen. Both are great reads for those of us who live hectic lives and who have families to care for 24/7. Life isn't as easy as we'd like it to be, so any little tip or short cut is much needed. If you feel so inclined, pick up a copy. Make it part of your exercise routine. Or read a few pages when we take that "long bathroom break" we take every now and then. (I can't believe our men haven't caught on yet ;) )

My point is, no matter how much you feel like giving up, DON'T! There is someone else struggling just like you. You wouldn't just be giving up on a healthy lifestyle, you're giving up on yourself. And YOU are the most important person! Only you can take charge of your life. No one can replace you. Memories are nice, but your presence is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment