Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Another day down!

I accomplished another night of hard exercise. Well, hard to me anyway. Brisk walk for 1 mile and then came back for my half hour cardio and weight training with my Biggest Loser DVD. I had rested for the past 2 days and I thought I was ok and all healed up. But if you ask my throbbing foot, I was dead wrong.

I'm starting to become very disappointed and frustrated with this. My back pain has eased quite a bit and I can feel a little more energy everyday. But this damn foot!! It just hurts so bad but I don't want to quit. I made the mistake of telling people at work that the reason why I'm limping is because I've been carrying my fat ass on my already bad feet and trying to exercise...hard. Of course, I'm told to take a break. But I know me. If I rest just ONE day too long...I can't get the momentum back. And honestly, if I wouldn't have done it tonight...I'm not sure I would have been able to keep this up.

I guess I can chalk this up to my bad week that I'm going to have now and again. I just wish I could get rid of all the distractions! One more thing I need to add to my priorities, is going to bed on time. Problem is, by the time I give the kids baths, put them to bed and finished exercising, there's dishes to be done, toys to clean up and then maybe sneak in a little relaxation (blogging). Going to bed by 9:00-9:30 is a wish even Aladdin's genie couldn't fulfill.

I'm realizing that trying to change my life and make better choices, means rearranging my routine too. I had a pretty easy one before. Come home, eat, yell at the kids from the couch, baths, bed and then TV till 10. Maybe 11 if I felt like it. Pretty lousy if you ask me. I like my new one, I just wish I was comfortable and used to it already. I'm really trying not to lose my mind before I lose all the pounds!

By the way, my weigh ins are on Wednesday morning. 223lbs. 1 more pound down. Let's not say how many more to go...

3 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing you've done what you have on that foot. I'd have given up weeks ago. As long as you don't feel like you're doing yourself any permanent damage, I guess go for it. Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks babe...I love your support. Helps me a lot! As far as permanent damage, I don't know. But if it still hurts in another month, we may have a problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glass is half full...please try to focus on the positive and ignore the negative...don't beat yourself up for what you don't do, and more praise for what you are getting done...your foot may need a rest... a week or two of focusing on stuff that doesn't put so much stress on it...your food...yes you might stall, but a serious injury could take you off it for a hell of a lot longer. Also you need to get over what you did in the past...the past is the past... I just went to a SMART class at work, done by a Kaiser Behaviorist on filling the gap between our good intentions and actually DOING IT! I could give you that information if you'd like to have it. Just let me know. I'll be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete